This group targets discussion and activities that build relationships with all faiths; and focuses on common beliefs to identify and help implement programs that build and grow character and that build a better community.
Purpose: Through the engagement of our faith leaders and communities, support the Orangeburg County Community of Character and the One Orangeburg County Initiative visions to be a county distinguished by the excellent character of its citizens and a premier place to live, work, learn, shop and play.
- Improve and build relationships with all faiths. Get to know each other. Understand each other's beliefs. Identify common beliefs. Recognize the importance of this relationship in character development and the importance of this relationship in a community united for positive change.
- Focus on common beliefs to identify and help implement programs and initiatives in our communities that will build our character and that of our children and the world they will inherit. Look for opportunities to come together in the broader community to further education, growth and service.
'All faith teachings unify us in character and stress courage, honesty, faith, forgiveness, love and selflessness as virtues that are qualities of the Creator and attributes of all of us and our purpose in life.'
- Be ambassadors of character education, character growth and positive community engagement.
- Build on the transforming power of faith and character. Be the change we want to see in the world.
- Engage and grow involvement from other leaders of faith.
- Share and teach each other.